A Few Facts About Cracks –
- Small Cracks allow water and moisture to penetrate the asphalt
- As water expands and contracts through freezing and thawing causes larger cracks
- Larger cracks allow increased water penetration resulting in a weakened base
- Weakness in the base compromises the structural integrity of the asphalt
- Untreated cracks will eventually turn into pot holes
- Cracks ¼” and larger can be sealed with high performance hot rubberized sealant which in turn greatly reduces the spreading of cracks deterioration of the base.
Benefits of Crack Filling –
- Saves you Money — By routinely filling the cracks in your asphalt you can avoid the large, costly asphalt replacement in the future
- Prolongs the Life of your Pavement — Routine maintenance of crack-filling and sealcoating can easily double or triple the life of your asphalt.
- Prevents Water from Penetrating the Asphalt Surface — Water penetration leads to an erosion of the base leading to potholes, alligatored sections, and ultimately, pavement failure.
Continue to Lot Striping and Painting
Return to Sealcoating